One of Windows 7's new feature is it can automatically switch your default printer when you move between networks (for example, when you move your laptop from your home network to your business network).
To configure this feature, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Start menu and in the search field type Devices.
- Click the link for Devices and Printers.
- Select a printer and right-click Manage Default Printers
- Select Change my default printer when I change networks
- Select a network, select the default printer you want to use when on that network and press the Add button.
- Do the same for each network that you joined your laptop to it.