Follow the steps below to map a network drive (e.g. X:\ drive) to a SkyDrive folder.
- Go to http://skydrive.live.com/ in your web browser.
- Sign in to the Live.com site with your Windows Live ID.
- Copy the UID (highlighted in red) from the displayed URL, e.g.: https://cid-1234567890abcdef.skydrive.live.com/.
- Open Windows Explorer, in the left sidebar, right-click on Network, and select Map network drive...
- Enter the following UNC: \\cdckda.docs.live.net@SSL\1234567890abcdef\Document
- Replace highlight the UID in the UNC with the UID from step 3.
- Replace “Documents” with the folder name with as appropriate.
- Choose a drive letter, check Connect using different credentials, and press the Finish button
- You will be prompted for your Windows Live ID.
Note: I am finding you connect and browse the files on the SkyDrive, but I am not finding you can upload to the drive from the Windows Explorer. Although, I still find this a cool tip.