In a previous article, I talked about the Windows 10 Download Notifier for Windows 7 and 8.1. This application runs in the notification area in the taskbar, and performs two main tasks:
- Allows you to reserve a copy of Windows 10.
- Checks your system for Windows 10 compatibility.
Here is some more information about it from Windows Update:
Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3035583)
Installation date: 5/24/2015 7:52 AM
Update type: Recommended
Description: Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3035583
If you want to uninstall this update, follow the instructions below:
Uninstalling Windows Update KB3035583.
- From the Start menu or screen, in the search box type "Programs and Features" and select the control panel.
- Find the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall.
- From the Start menu or screen, in the search box type "wuapp.exe" and press the Enter key.
- Press the "Check for update" link
- Find update KB3035583, right-click it and select 'Hide update'