There are times that you need to activate the Windows Calculator quickly. Instead of navigating through the Start menu, you can setup a keyboard shortcut to the application.
- On an empty area of the Windows desktop, right-click and select New > Shortcut.
- When the 'Create Shortcut' dialog box appears, type "calc" (without quotes) and press the Next button.
- Press the Finish button to create the new shortcut.
- Right-click the new Calculator icon, and select Properties.
- When the file properties dialog appears, click in the box next to the 'Shortcut key'.
- Type in your desired shortcut. For example, press CTRL-ALT-C.
- Press the "OK" button.
Now all you have to do is press the shortcut key you created, and the Calculator will appear. To delete the keyboard shortcut, open the file properties dialog box click the box next to 'Shortcut key', and press the Delete key.