(For Windows XP Pro)
If you're hard drive is formatted with the NTFS file system, you can specify which users and groups of users have the rights to access the different files and directories on your computer.
To set access permissions on a file or directory:
- Open the Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on a file or directory, and select "Properties".
- Click the Security tab.
- Select a user or group to modify their permissions. You can also add more users or groups
- Use the checkbox to add, change, or remove permissions.
- Press the OK button to apply the new permissions.