You can move the Sticky Notes around by moving them with their title bar at the top of each note. You can delete them by pressing the "X" button, or create a new note by pressing the "+" button in the title bar.
One cool feature of the Sticky Notes is the rich text formatting shortcuts that are available. All you have to do is select the text, and use the keyboard shortcuts below:
- Ctrl + L: Left aligns the text
- Ctrl + E: Center aligns the text
- Ctrl + R: Right aligns the text
- Ctrl + B: Bold the text
- Ctrl + I: Italicizes the text
- Ctrl + U: Underlines the text
- Ctrl + T: Strike Through the text
- Ctrl + Shift + A: Capitalizes all characters
- Ctrl + Shift + L: Turns text into list (press multiple times to change the bullet style)
- Ctrl + Shift + < (less then sign): Decreases the font size
- Ctrl + Shift + > (greater then sign): Increases the font size
- Ctrl + = (equal sign): Subscripts the text
- Ctrl + Shift + = (equal sign): Superscript the text
- Ctrl + 1: Sets single line spacing
- Ctrl + 2: Sets double line spacing
- Ctrl + 5: Sets line spacing to 1.5
- Ctrl + N: Creates a new sticky note
- Ctrl + D: Deletes a sticky note
- To change the color of the Sticky Note, right-click the note and select a new color from the pop-up menu.
- All Sticky Note are able to re-sized to be smaller or larger.
- All Sticky Notes are stored in a file called %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt.