Monday, March 01, 2010

Windows 7: Automatically Syncronzing Your System Clock

By default, Windows will automatically synchronize its clock with a time server on the Internet. If for some reason, your clock isn't automatically getting adjusted, here is how to fix it:
  • In the Start menu search field type "Date and Time" and press Enter, this should be bring the Date and Time control panel
  • In the Date and Time dialog box, click the Internet Time tab.
  • Press the Change Settings button. Press the Continue button in the User Account Control dialog box (if it displays).
  • In the Internet Time Settings dialog, click the Server drop-down arrow and select another time server. The default is time.windows.com, try using time.nist.gov and see it works for you.
  • Press the Update now button to update your computer's clock, and test your computer's
  • Press the OK buttons close the dialog boxes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't seem to have the Internet Time tab. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate in a domain environment. All I have are 2 tabs, "Date and Time" and "Additional Clocks". Clicking on "Change date and Time" does not give me that option either. Interesting.....

Anonymous said...

It doesn't work for me to choose "time.nist.gov". any other options to fix?

Anonymous said...

Use time.windows.com.

windows 8 get the originial iso trial version said...

it doesn't work for me to choose "time.nist.gov". any other options to fix?

Anonymous said...

thanks! it worked for me.

11:52 2/20/2014

Anonymous said...

thanks! it worked for me.

11:53 2/20/2014

Anonymous said...

I got it ....
Thanks..To Windows Tips..

V-Tom said...

The internet tiome tab isn't there.. how do I get it?

Unknown said...

Even after updating internet time server, dialy time & date automatically goes to previous status i.e. 1st Nov 2007.
Please advise some way to get rid of the problem.