Sometimes there's a need to turn off the System Restore feature (e.g. such as recovering free space on a drive). By disabling the System Restore functionality, note it will be permanently deleting all existing restore points from the drive.
Below are the instructions on how to perform this action:
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel
- Select System and Security, and open the System control panel
- In the left pane, click System Protection
- If the UAC is enabled, the administrator credentials will be required.
- Select the drive to disable the System Protection feature.
- Generally feature is enabled on Windows system drive, which in most cases is the C: drive.
- Press the Configure... button, when the System Protection dialog displays, select the Turn off system protection radio button, then press the OK button.
- Press the OK button again to close the last dialog.