Note: The following is an advanced tip that should only be used by those who have a good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol. This feature has very limited applications since the inclusion of the built-in firewall, but for those who might have a use for it below is the information you will need to get started.
To access the TCP/IP filtering option:
- Open the Control Panel
- Double-click the Network Connections folder
- Right-click your active network connection, and select Properties.
- In the General tab, in the list box scroll down until you find 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' and select it.
- Press the Properties button.
- Press the Advanced... button.
- Select the Options tab.
- Select 'TCP/IP filtering' then press the Properties button
- This feature applies to all network interfaces on your computer.
- This feature does not allow you to block ICMP traffic.
- This feature does not affect outbound traffic or response ports that are created to accept responses from outbound requests.