The Windows XP Task Manager, has five tabs (Applications, Processes, Performance, Networking, and Users). Below is a breakdown of what each tab does:
- Applications: Displays a list of all of the active applications and their status.
- From here you can stop applications that are not responding or that are consuming too much of the CPU resources.
- Processes: Displays a list of active processes (foreground and background), plus the amount of memory and CPU time each process is using.
- From here you can stop processes that are not working properly.
- Performance: Displays how much free/used memory, and processing load on each CPU.
- Networking: Displays the utilization of your network connection.
- Users: Shows the users connected to your computer.
- From here you can log off users that are no longer logged on your system.