- Open the Windows Explorer, and navigate to the file or folder that you want to take over the ownership on.
- Right-click it, and select Properties
- Click on the Security tab.
- Press the Advanced button.
- Click the Owner tab.
- Press the Edit button.
- Select the user account you want to grant ownership rights.
- Press the OK button.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Windows Vista: Taking Ownership of a Folder
In Windows Vista even with administrator rights, you're not automatically granted access to all folders. This is a security feature. In order to get access to that file or folder you need to take ownership of it.