Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Windows Vista: Reducing the Size of Pictures

A few months back my brother sent me a mega-pixel picture, and when I opened it I was not ready for how large it really was. It was opened in my browser, and for some reason it didn't automatically scaled it to the screen size. Personally I wish he would have sent me a much lower resolution version of the image, it would have been easier for me to deal with.

There are several different software application that can do this for you, such as Paint.Net. Although, if you want to learn how an easy way to shrink the image, follow the instructions below:
  • Open the folder that contains the picture(s) you want to email to someone
  • Right-click it and select 'Send To > Mail Recipient'
  • In the Attach Files dialog, select the size (1024x768, 800x600, 640x480, etc.) of the picture that you want to send.
  • Then press the Attach button.
As long as the OS can find a default mail program (such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, etc.), it will attach the picture to the e-mail automatically for you.

No comments: