- A new fingerprint resistant magnesium-based case.
- Faster processor:
- Surface 2: 1.7 GHz quad-core Tegra 4 ARM chip. (w/ 2GB of RAM)
- Internal storage: From 32GB or 64GB configurations.
- Surface Pro 2: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Haswell processor. (w/ 4-8GB of RAM)
- Internal storage: From 64GB to 512GB configurations.
- USB 3.0 port, and Bluetooth 4.
- Surface 2 has a 3.5MP front-facing camera, and a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera. While the Surface Pro 2 only has a 720P front-facing camera.
- High resolution 1080P display (1920×1080)
- Thinner and lighter case.
- Surface 2: 0.35 inches thick, and weights under 1.5 pounds
- Surface Pro 2: 0.53 inches thick, and weights under 2 pounds
- Enhanced kickstand (2 positions, 20 and 40 degrees for better viewing)
Both Surface devices will be available for pre-order starting September 24, 2013, and will be available for purchase on October 22, 2013 (in select markets). Visit www.surface.com/pre-order to learn more.
- The Surface Remix Project, which is a new purpose-built music kit that attaches on to the Surface 2, Surface Pro, and Surface Pro 2 and works with a new music remix app.
- New keyboard covers (i.e. the Touch, Type and Power Cover 2) with back-lit keys and extended battery (extends usage up to 10 hours). Features vary between the different products
- New docking station.
- New active pen.
- Article: Surface 2 declassified: How Microsoft made Surface into the tablet the world said it wanted
- Surface web site: www.surface.com.