Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Windows Antispyware Will Remain Free

Search Windows security reports: "Gates called spyware something 'we have to nip now,' and with that, he said the company will make Windows AntiSpyware available for free. Microsoft acquired the technology when it bought Giant Company Software Inc. in December. Roughly 6 million customers have downloaded the antispyware beta, which became available in January."

This is great news, because Windows Antispyware is a great product. I have been using it since it came out, and it has worked great for me and my systems. I have had no spyware infections since I have started using it.

I will say that it is not the most intuitive product I have ever used, but it has replaced the need to run several other tools to get similar protection. If you have not downloaded, I would suggest that you do so.

Note: This product is still in Beta, so use it at your own risk.

No comments: