Below is a set of instructions for setting up a whitelist in Outlook Express using the message rules function.
- Launch Outlook Express
- From the Tools menu select 'Message Rules', and then Mail.
- Press the New button.
- In the 'Select the conditions for your rules: ', check 'Where the From line contains people' checkbox.
- Under 'Rule Description', click the link 'contains people'.
- Press the 'Address Book' button. Select people from your address book that you want to permit to send you mail, then press OK when done.
- Press the Options button. Under 'Apply rule if,' select 'Message does not contain the people below," press the OK button.
- In the 'Select the actions for this rule:' check either 'Delete it' or 'Move it to the specified folder' (note: if you're going to use this rule, before specifying it you need to create a folder to quarantine these messages).
- Press the OK buttons when done.