You don't need a special program like Microsoft Outlook to have a recurring alarm that reminds you of regular events (such as: exercise, lessons, etc.). You can create one with the Windows Task Scheduler.
- Click the Start button in the Search field, type "task scheduler" and press Enter
- In the right Actions panel, click Create Task...
- In the General tab, type a name for the task, such as "Reminder: Attend Lecture"
- Click the Triggers tab, and press the New button
- In the “Begin the task” dropdown menu select "On a schedule"
- Under Settings select the appropriate interval that (e.g. daily, weekly, etc.) that is applicable. Also select the appropriate Advanced Settings, such as "Repeat task every X hours". Check the Enabled checkbox, then press the OK button.
- Click the Actions tab to select what actions you want to happen to alert you (such as: running a program, sending an email or displaying a message on the screen).
- Press the OK button when done.