Microsoft includes a feature called "Reset Internet Explorer Settings", to utilize it follow the instructions below:
Warning: This feature can't be undone, use it at your own risk.
Note: This operation can also be performed from the Internet Options control panel.
- Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one.
- Open the Tools menu, and select Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and press the Reset... button.
- Only check the Delete personal settings checkbox if you want it to reset personal features.
- Press the OK button, and it might take a few minutes to completed.
The next time you launch I.E. it should be restored back to the factory defaults. For more information on this feature on what is and what is not effected check out this video from Microsoft.