To find and remove these unnecessary drivers follow the instructions below:
- From the Start Menu, open the Control Panel folder.
- Double-click the System control panel.
- Click the Hardware tab, and press the 'Device Manager' button.
- In the 'Device Manager' window, from the View menu, select 'Show Hidden Devices'.
- Expand the various nodes of the device tree and search for the grayed out icons, which indicate unused device drivers.
- To remove an unused device driver, right-click the icon and select Uninstall.