Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Windows XP: Using the 'My Pictures Slideshow' Screen Saver

Did you know that you can use your photos to create a custom screen saver? Windows XP includes a screen saver that can randomly display your digital photos that you have taken that are stored in the 'My Pictures' folder.

To set up a 'My Pictures Slideshow' screen saver, follow the instructions below:
  • Right-click on the desktop, and then click Properties.
  • In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Screen Saver tab.
  • Click the Screen saver drop-down list, and select 'My Pictures Slideshow'.
    • Note: You can press the Settings button to set different options, such as the delay, how big the pictures are displayed, etc.
  • Press the OK button.
Then the next time your screen saver starts, a slide show of your pictures from your 'My Pictures' folder will be displayed.

No comments: