To change a users password:
- Open the Control Panel folder from under the Start menu
- Double-click on the 'User Accounts' control panel.
- Click on the account you want to change.
- Click the 'Change my password' link. If the user never had a password you will need to click the 'Create a password' link.
- If its your account you will be prompted to enter your current password. If its someone else's account you won't see this field.
- Enter the new password you want to assign to that user, then re-type the new password you just entered in the confirmation field.
- There is an option at the bottom of the window to leave a 'password hint' that can help the person remember their password just in case they forget it.
- Press the 'Change Password' button when done.