With the Windows 7 Search box under the Start menu you can search for programs and files, but did you know you can enhance it to also search the web?
Using the Group Policy editor you can enable the Start menu Internet search feature, follow the instructions below:
- In the search field under the Start menu, type GPEDIT.MSC. This will open the Group Policy Editor.
- In the left pane, under User Configuration, expand Administrative Templates.
- Click Start Menu and Taskbar.
- In the right pane, double click Add Search Internet link to Start Menu.
- Click Enabled and then press OK button.
- Close the Group Policy Editor.
In the Search box under the Start menu when a search term is typed a link will be displayed that says Search the Internet.