Internet Information Services (IIS) is Microsoft's web server software can be installed on a Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate edition.
It is not installed by default, so you will have to follow the steps below to enable it.
- Log on to the computer with an account that has Administrators privileges.
- From the Start menu select the Control Panel, click Programs.
- Click the link Turn Windows features on or off.
- Check Internet Information Services.
- Press the OK button when finished.
By default it will install a minimal set of features, if you need additional functionality, you'll need to check the appropriate boxes within the Windows Features dialog box (e.g. Web Management tools).