To most people these files are a nuisance because of the amount of disk space they can consume. These files can also be a security risk because they can potentially contain sensitive information, such as passwords stored in the computer's memory.
If you want to disable the dump file option, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Start menu, and select Control Panel folder.
- Double-click the System control panel.
- Click the 'Advanced system settings' link in the left pane.
- Press the Settings... button in the 'Startup and Recovery' section.
- In the 'System failure' section, in the 'Write debugging information' drop-down menu select '(none)'
- Press the OK buttons when done.