- Right-click an empty space on the desktop and select Properties.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Desktop tab.
- Press the Customize Desktop button.
- Uncheck the 'Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard Every 60 Days' checkbox.
- Press the OK buttons to close the dialog boxes.
Monday, June 04, 2007
Windows XP: Disable Automatic Desktop Cleanup
Windows XP includes the 'Automatic Desktop Cleanup' feature that can remove infrequently used icons from the Windows desktop every 60 days. If you really don't care for this feature and want to disable it follow the steps below: