The higher the WEI rating the faster your system. If you get a WEI rating of 1 that could mean that you might not want to run Vista on your computer. If you get a 5.9 rating, that means your system is very fast.
Below is a list of the tools in the Tasks pane on the left side of the window in the Performance Information And Tools control panel:
- Managing startup programs (Help OS to load more quickly by preventing useless programs from loading).
- Adjusting visual effects (Turn on or off features that you like or don't use to get the best experience and performance).
- Adjusting indexing options (control how much of your system resources can be for indexing data on your computer).
- Adjusting power settings (Balance your power consumption vs. performance needs) .
- Open Disk Cleanup (Clean up your hard drive by removing useless file from it).
- Advanced tools (Contains: Event Log, Reliability And Performance Monitor, Task Manager, System Information, Disk Defragmenter, and more).