- WinKey + (Number): Windows automatically assigns keyboard shortcuts to programs in the taskbar on the desktop. To access them, use the WinKey+the number position of the program in the order it appears there.
- For example, if Internet Explorer is the first icon in your taskbar by pressing WinKey+1 it will open it. If the Windows Explorer is the second icon in your taskbar by pressing WinKey+2 it will open it.
- WinKey + Shift + (Number): Opens a new instance of the program associate with the WinKey + number position. So if you had one instance of Internet Explorer running this would open up a new copy of the application in memory.
- WinKey + Ctrl + (Number): Switches to the last instance of that program associated with that WinKey + number position.
- WinKey + Alt + (Number): Opens the jump menu of the program associated with that WinKey + number position.
More: Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts