- Right-click the Taskbar, and select Properties
- Check the 'Hide inactive icons' checkbox.
- Press the Customize button.
- In the dialog box you can select one of three states for each Notification Tray icon: Hide when inactive, Always hide, or always show. All you have to do change the state of an icon is change the drop-down menu next to it.
- Press the OK button, twice when you're done.
Thursday, May 12, 2005
Hiding or Unhiding Notification Tray Icons
Another feature of the Taskbar, is it will automatically hide of icons that are not used in the Notification Area (formerly known as the System Tray). To unhide icons that were automatically hidden, you have to tell Windows not to hide them.