- Right-click the Start menu and choose Properties.
- Press the Customize... button to the right of the 'Start menu' option.
- Change the 'Select an icon size for programs' option to 'Small icons'.
- In the 'Number of programs on Start menu' set it to a value of "10". This value can be set to whatever you want, but depending on your screen resolution you might not be able to fit more than 15 or more icons.
- Press the OK button when done.
Monday, July 11, 2005
Increase the Number of Frequently Used Programs Displayed in the Start Menu
In the Windows XP Start menu, there are generally six program icons in the bottom left section that will change depending on how often you use them. If you have several programs that you use on a frequent basis you might find that you want to increase the amount of icons that can be displayed.