- Open the Control Panel folder under the Start menu.
- Double-click 'User Accounts' icon.
- Click the 'Change the way users log on and off' link.
- Uncheck the 'Use the Welcome screen' checkbox.
- Press the Apply Options button.
Monday, October 17, 2005
Classic Windows Logon Screen
Do you yearn for the classic Windows logon screen of yore (i.e. Windows NT and 2000). There are two ways to access this classic logon screen. Press the Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys twice, or if you want to permanently disable the Welcome screen: