An alternate way to perform this action is to use the 'Shared Folder Wizard'. This wizard will walk you through setting up a shared folder.
Note: If you're using Windows XP Home, it can give you access to file/share permissions that would normally not be available to you.
- From the Start menu, select the Run... command.
- Type 'shrpubw.exe', and then press the Enter key.
- Press the 'Next >' button.
- In the Wizard, enter the path of the folder you want to share on your hard drive
- Enter a name for the share, and then press the 'Next >' button.
- Select the permissions you want to assign to the share, and then press the 'Next >' button.
- Press the Finished button when done.