There can be several reasons why you would want to do this, for example: you have a slow modem at home and you want to get your updates from a faster computer. Or, if you're a systems administrator at a company, and you need to update Windows clients or servers.
Whatever the reason, here is how you can do it.
- Open Internet Explorer (this won't work from Firefox), and go to "http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog"
- Click the link "Find updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems" or "Find driver updates for hardware devices"
- If you selected the find updates for operating system, you will need to select the OS which you're looking for the updates. Press the Search button to continue.
- Select the category, and then select updates that you want to get.
- Click the "Go to Download Basket" link.
- Press the Browse... button to select the download location on your local computer.
- Press the 'Download Now' button.
- Choose if you want to accept the licensing agreement, then press the appropriate button.