Now, I am going to show you how to automate this process. Its relatively easy to do, all you have to do is follow the instructions below:
Configuring the Disk Cleanup tool:
- From the Run... command, type "cleanmgr /sageset:1" and press the OK button.
- You can have up to 0 - 65535 profiles, all you have to do is change the number after '/sageset'. Make sure you remember the number you selected for the profile you will need it for the next section.
- When the Disk Cleanup dialog displays, select or unselect the type of files that you want to remove when the tool is run.
- Press the OK button.
- From the Run... command, type "cleanmgr /sagerun:1" and press the OK button.
- Make sure to use the session number (i.e.: 1 in the example above) for the Disk Cleanup profile you created in the previous section.
The 'cleanmgr /sagerun:1' command can be run from the MS-DOS prompt, added to a script, or run from the 'Scheduled Tasks' feature on a regular basis.