PPPoE is technology used by ISPs to manage customer's accounts and access from your computer to the Internet.
To create a PPPoE connection:
- Open the Control Panel folder from the Start menu.
- Double click the 'Network Connections' folder.
- Click the link in the Network Tasks pane that says 'Create a new connection'.
- In the first page of the 'Network Connection Wizard', press the Next button.
- Click 'Connect to the Internet', and then press the Next button.
- Click 'Set up my connection manually', and then press the Next button.
- Click 'Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password' (if your ISP provided you a user name and password select this option) or 'Connect using a broadband connection that is always on'. You selection depends on your connection type, contact your ISP if you have questions.
- Enter your ISP name into the field, and then press the Next button.
- If required, enter your user name and password provided to you by your ISP, and then press the Next button.
- Optionally you can click 'Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop'. Press the Finish button when done.