Some of the features of the new service are: an improved software firewall, anti-virus/anti-spyware services, a data backup and a computer tune-up service. Below is a brief description of the new features:
- Two-Way Firewall: Monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic. A two-way firewall not only prevent other computers from attacking your computer, but also prevents programs on your computer from talking on the Internet without your permission.
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware: Protects your system from malicious software such as viruses, worms, spyware, etc. It also updates itself on a regular basis to make sure that it can protect you against the latest threats.
- Updates: OneCare keeps your OS up-to-date with the latest patches from Windows Update.
- Tuneup: performs routine maintenance tasks, such as defragmenting hard disk, and deleting obsolete files.
- Backup: Backup your files to different types of removable media, such as an: external hard disk, CDs, DVDs, and more. The software can remind you when you need to backup your files, or can automatically back them up an external hard drive if you already have one..