- Minimize all your windows so that the desktop is exposed. (Press the WinKey+D)
- Right-click on the Taskbar.
- Scroll to Toolbars > 'New Toolbar...'.
- In the dialog, select a folder (open 'My Computer', then select 'Control Panel').
- Press the OK button to continue.
- Click on the new toolbar in the Taskbar and drag it on of the edges of your monitor. It should automatically lock into place.
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Windows XP: Creating Your Own Toolbar
Have you wanted to create your own toolbar in the taskbar or on your desktop. Windows will allow you to turn almost any folder into a toolbar, even special folders like the Control Panel. It is pretty easy, follow the instructions below to convert the Control Panel folder into a toolbar. This same procedure should also work on just about any other folder: