After you have done all your leg work of checking your hardware and software compatibility, its now time to begin the Windows installation. This can be done one of two ways, either by inserting the Installation CD into your drive and letting the installation program start automatically (if your computer's AUTORUN is enabled). You can also start the installation from the command line, using the WINNT32.EXE program.
- Before you start the installation program, make sure you close all applications.
- Insert the Windows installation CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- Choose the installation type, and press the Next button to continue.
- Read and accept the licensing agreement, and press the Next button.
- Enter the Product Identification Key, and press the Next button.
- Follow the prompts to finalize the configuration, press the Next button continue though the different screens.
- After all the files are finish copying to your computer, it will be rebooted.
- After the installation finishes, you will be requested to activate your copy of Windows.