When you setup your computer you need to give it a name (such as: deathstar, homecomputer, etc.). If at a later time you want to change the name of your computer, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to Vista with an account that has administrator privileges.
- From the Start menu and right-click Computer and select Properties.
- Under 'Computer Name, Domain, and Workgroup' section, click the 'Change settings' link.
- On the Computer Name tab, press the Change... button.
- Enter the new computer name in the field.
- If necessary, press the More... button and enter the domain name provided by your company or ISP.