- Uninstall any extensions that you're not using.
- Disable the 'Page Saving' feature. This feature saves a copy of every page you visit in memory. It help the browser to load pages that you already visited faster, but it can use a lot of memory.
- In the URL field type "about:config"
- In the filter field type, "browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers"
- Change the value to "0"
- If you have several downloads listed in the Download area clear them out.
- From the Tool menu, select Downloads
- Press the 'Clean Up' button
- If you're having problems with Firefox starting correctly, try starting it in 'Safe Mode'. This mode prevents any extensions or themes from loading.
- From the Run... command, type "firefox.exe -safe-mode"
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Firefox: Make Firefox Run Better
Firefox is a great browser, but its a memory hog. Here are a few tips to help you make Firefox use less memory and run more efficiently.