- Right-click on the folder that you want to customize, and select Properties.
- Click on the Customize tab.
- To customize the image on the folder with a new icon or picture (note: you can only select one of the two options to customize the folder):
- To change the icon: press the 'Change Icon...' button on the bottom of the window. You will be presented with a list of icons that you can select. Select the icon that you would like to use. If you can't find one that you like, press the Browse... button, and select a file (i.e.: .DLL, .EXE, or .ICO) that has an icon that you want.
- To add a picture: press the 'Choose Picture...' button, a standard file selection dialog box will appear. From here you can choose the picture that you want to display on the front of the folder.
- Press the OK buttons when done.
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Customizing Your Folders Icon and More (Part 1)
Windows XP allows you to customize your folders with different icons and pictures, and specify specific actions that happen when you open the folder. To customize a folder's icon or picture, you need to access the folder's properties dialog.