Firefox supports pop-up window blocking, but for some reason these windows not getting blocked and they're being displayed. I am not against web sites that use pop-up windows to enhances its functionality. Although my views change when they're used for advertising. These windows are just annoying!
Well here is a tip to help prevent these pop-up windows from being displayed. It appears that some web site developers are leveraging the Flash plug-in to display these windows. Fortunately, there is a away to prevent this from happening:
- In the Firefox location bar, type "about:config" press the Enter key.
- Right-click on the page that is displayed, then in the context menu select 'New > Integer'.
- In the dialog box that is displayed, type 'privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins' in the field, then press the OK button to continue.
- Enter the value 2, then press the OK button to finish.
- 0: Allows all pop-ups from plug-ins.
- 1: Allows pop-ups, but limits them to dom.popup_maximum.
- 2: Blocks pop-ups from plug-ins.
- 3: Blocks pop-ups from plug-ins (even for white listed sites).