- Open the Windows Explorer or the My Computer icon in the Start menu.
- From the Tools menu, select 'Folder Options...'
- Click on the 'File Types' tab, this will display a list of all of the file extensions installed on your computer.
- From the list select the extension (such as MP3) for which you want to change the default launch application, then press the Change... button.
- When the 'Open With' dialog displays, select the application that you wan to use to open the selected file type. If you can't find the application, press the Browse... button and find the program that you want to use to open that file type.
- Press the OK buttons to save your changes.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Change the Default Launch Application
Have you ever needed to change the default application used to open a file type (such as an MP3). Follow the steps below to learn how to do this: